Thursday, September 8, 2022

Presani - my dear Pre…

She is silent at first, that’s how she is every day. I start dumping all my stuff into her, sometimes a little more than she can handle, rather most of the times. But I know I can trust her more than anyone … I mean "anyone".

Then she slowly starts. But I don’t taunt her, not the least. She’s more important to me than my morning coffee or even my better half!

Some days she’s quick, like the son grabbing hold of the TV remote before anyone else and yet other days she’s cold and grumpy like the daughter waking up the night after her dance performances, taking hours to heat up and ages to cool off. 

Well, she says it’s her night before that sets her up for the morning. Well! who’s to argue.

She starts off with her last night’s story. When he came, did he eat or not, their fight and well a lot more and then the pressure builds up and up, and no more can she handle... that's when she whistles it out, until she finally fizzes out.

I go about my chores hearing to all her stories or rather waiting for her stories to wrap up and the pressure to release. 

This is our daily morning routine with my dear Presani or rather "THE Pressure cooker".  I hear her out and she helps me with mine.

But today she was murmuring a little more than every day. As always, I couldn’t make out the direction of the sound… was it the mother in law grumbling or the daughter whining.  Being directionless with sounds, I went close by, feeling a little crazy, towards Presani.

 Yes, it was her. I touched her whistle and asked “What’s it now? Aren't we done for the morning?"

She said “D, I am going on a date tonight 😉, please handle the pressure coolly!” [It was my maid’s day off]

 


No comments:

Post a Comment